Our family is in Peru for two years to serve with Extreme Nazarene. We are living in the jungle city of Puerto Maldonado supporting our team of 8 missionaries as 12 churches are planted here in 18 months! Please keep checking in to keep up on our our ministry and adventures in Peru!

Friday, June 19, 2009

Native Tribe

The native tribe was interesting. They put war paint on us, danced for us, had us dance with them and the boys shot the blow dart gun. Then they showed us all of their crafts, jewelry, blow dart guns, etc. that was for sale...they were very talented. We also learned that this tribe was actually from Columbia and had come here for tourism. So literally how they make a living is having people like us come to them, buy their items and pay them to dance. I felt bad in once sense because I'm not a tourist, I live here, I care about these people, I really wanted to know more about how they live and what they do...but this was not the tribe to come to for learning about the Peruvian natives;) I look forward to the chance to meet more people in a less touristy setting...but all in all this was still very interesting.







Posted by Picasa

No comments: