Our family is in Peru for two years to serve with Extreme Nazarene. We are living in the jungle city of Puerto Maldonado supporting our team of 8 missionaries as 12 churches are planted here in 18 months! Please keep checking in to keep up on our our ministry and adventures in Peru!

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Monkey Business

So the other night we had a little visitor…an uninvited one. Elisa was downstairs hanging out with my while I was cooking and I hear “Es un mono?” (It’s a monkey?) Sure enough, I look out the window and see a monkey scaling the house. I was so excited I grabbed my camera and ran out the door to see it…leaving the door wide open. Open doors are apparently invitations to monkeys because it promptly tried to enter the house (those things move fast). Luckily we shut the door in time and yelled up to the girls upstairs to check it out. The money scaled the walls once again and headed to the second story just as Wendy opened to door to see what we were yelling about—she quickly went back in (because again, the monkey tried to get inside) and checked it out from the window. It also climbed up the bars on the window and tried to get in that way (*note* our bars are not monkey proof…thankfully we have glass to shut). A very curious monkey we had on our hands. After a while it came back down and began to check out the church. I had to run in front of it and shut the church door before it got in which the monkey did not like and began to push against my legs to get in…I screamed but did not give in. I would like to say I stopped the little rascal from getting in but it just went up to the window and got in that way. I was worried that it would start playing with the sound system or something but it didn’t seem too interested. I should end this by saying there is a “zoo” down the street from us from which the monkey escaped so this was no ‘fresh out of the jungle’ monkey, but a monkey just the same. A little excitement for the evening was fun…but I am not hoping to see it again anytime soon!


I thought I would through this picture in…this was hanging out in the pond/swamp/gross water that is right next to our house…so we sometimes have nice, pretty animals visit us too:)

No comments: